1. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and
some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number
of 1kg weights?
2. A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for overspeeding
and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr.At the same time B is fined for
overspeeding by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit.If he was
driving at 35 km/hr what is the speed limit for the road?
Ans. 15 kmph
3. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms
north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east.How far is A from his
Ans. 13 kms
4. A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car
travel with 1/3 filled tank?
Ans. 5 kms
5. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to
the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
6. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the
cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will
three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
7. Fathers age is 5 times his son’s age. 4 years back the father was 9
times older than son.Find the fathers’ present age.
Ans. 40 years
8. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the
ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.
Ans. 10 should be subtracted
9. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, ….
10. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25
men finish that work?
Ans. 12 days
11. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the
denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from
the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.
12. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4,
what is C’s share?
Ans. Rs. 560
13. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What
is his profit percentage?
14. What percent of 60 is 12?
15. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India
: Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in
crores of course).Find his average earnings.
Ans. Rs.16 crore